It seems that Rails developers can’t stop :) Rails 2.3 release is almost out.
Rails 2.3 is almost ready for release, but this package is so stock full of amazing new stuff that we’re making dutifully sure that everything works right before we call it official. So please help us do thorough testing of this release candidate. Lots of the underpinnings changed. Especially the move to Rack. So we need solid testing and will probably have a slightly longer than average release candidate phase to account for that.
Here are some new features:
- Templates: Allows your new skeleton Rails application to be built your way with your default stack of gems, configs, and more.
- Engines: Share reusable application pieces complete with routes that Just Work, models, view paths, and the works.
- Rack: Rails now runs on Rack which gives you access to all the middleware goodness.
- Metal: Write super fast pieces of optimized logic that routes around Action Controller.
- Nested forms: Deal with complex forms so much easier.
Fore more information please visit Rails Weblog. You can install the release candidate with:
Enjoy, with the new release candidate of Rails 2.3, the big one is going to be final out the door soon.